5th LDBC TUC meeting
The 5th LDBC Technical User Community (TUC) meeting took place in Athens on 14.11.2014 being well attended by both Graph and RDF databases industry and academia. In the morning session, members of the LDBC project gave an update on the status of the project and its benchmarks:
- Peter Boncz (VUA), the technical coordinator of the LDBC project, welcomed the attendees and gave a short update on the status of LDBC project: video, pptx.
- Venelin Kotsev (ONTO) gave an update on the status of the LDBC Semantic Publishing Benchmark (SPB), feedback, and roadmap for Ontotext regarding the SPB bechmark: video, pptx.
- Orri Erling (OGL) presented OpenLink Software status, feedback, and roadmap for the SPB benchmark: video, pptx.
- Arnau Prat (UPC) gave an update on the status of the LDBC Social Network Benchmark (SNB), feedback, and roadmap for Sparksee regarding the SNB bechmark: video, pptx.
- Orri Erling (OGL) presented OpenLink Software status, feedback, and roadmap for the SNB benchmark: pptx.
- Alex Averbuch (NEO) presented Sparksee status, feedback, and roadmap for the SNB benchmark: pptx.
- Andrey Gubichev (TUM) presented the SNB Business Intelligence Workload – Design and Roadmap: pptx.
The rest of the day was reserved for vendors, researchers and users presenting their views and activities related to RDF and graph database technologies. We list below their talks with links to their recordings:
- Tomer Sagi (HP): "Experience with SNB and TitanDB at HP ", pptx.
- Jakob Nelson (University of Washington): "graphbench.org on the SNB datagen ", video.
- Olaf Hartig (University of Waterloo): "Integrating the Property Graph and RDF data models", video, pdf.
- Maria-Esther Vidal (Universidad Simón Bolívar) and Maribel Acosta (Karlsruhe Institute Of Technology): "Challenges to be addressed during Benchmarking SPARQL Federated Engines", video, pdf.
- Evaggelia Pitoura (Univeristy of Ioannina): "Historical Queries on Graphs ", video, pdf.
- Giannis Liagos (IMIS), Manolis Terrovitis (IMIS): "Efficient Identification of Implicit Facts in Incomplete OWL2-EL Knowledge Bases", video, pdf.
- Gunes Aluc (University of Waterloo): "WatDiv: How to Tune-up your RDF Data Management System", pdf.
- Giorgos Kollias (LogicBlox): “Benchmarking @LogicBlox”, video, pdf.
- Hassan Chafi (Oracle): "Oracle Labs Graph Strategy", video.
- Yinglong Xia (IBM): "Property Graphs for Industry Solution at IBM",pdf
All these talks pointed to challenges in adopting and using RDF and graph databases. They generated discussions on what needs to be stressed when designing and building benchmarks. Feedback from TUC meetings such as this one are carefully considered, analyzed by LDBC and play a defining role in the development of our benchmarks.